7 Great Reasons to Choose a Flint & Flame Knife
New to Flint & Flame?
Use code FANDF30 at the checkout to save 30% on your first order.
Many knife manufacturers boast about the sharpness of their blade, but there is so much more to creating a knife as special as a Flint & Flame knife.
In this article, we thought it would be valuable to give you an insight into the ‘differences that make the difference’ – and to explain why so many top Chefs and home cooks love their Flint & Flame knives.
There are 7 keys to the ‘uniqueness’ of a Flint & Flame knife. They are…
1. Zero Pressure Point (ZPP) technology – our unique Zero Pressure Point handle is designed to eliminate the risk of calluses forming after prolonged use, this is a real must for home and professional Chefs alike.
2. Centre Point Balance (CPB) – the beautifully contoured ergonomically designed handle incorporates our unique Centre Point Balance technology. With the weight of the knife balanced at the central point, you get excellent control and precision.
3. Ergonomic Handle – the rounded handle fills your hand with a comfortable grip. As the knife fits snugly into your hand (with no pressure points) it eliminates the fatigue and discomfort common with so many knives on the market today.
4. Smooth Bolster & Spine – the smooth bolster and spine enable you to “pinch” the knife correctly at the top of the blade (essential for fine chopping) and makes the knives comfortable to hold and easy to control.
5. German Steel – the high quality blade is made with X50CrMoV15 German Steel.This steel takes and holds a long lasting ‘edge’ which means that your Flint & Flame knives are super sharp, highly durable and professional quality.
6. Razor Sharp Edge – Flint & Flame knives stay sharp for longer and require minimal maintenance. To retain our famous razor sharp edge, and ensure optimum performance, simply rock backwards and forwards 5 or 6 times through the Flint & Flame ceramic knife sharpener every 2 to 3 weeks.
7. Sharp Heel – being able to sharpen the entire blade all the way back to the heel means you can keep the heel nice and sharp, which is great for mincing garlic and herbs.
Now you know what makes a Flint & Flame knife so special.
It’s much more than the slice, it’s the unique combination of the German steel, ZPP and CPB technology, the razor sharp blade and heel all coming together in one beautiful knife that makes it such a pleasure to cook with.
Remove any of these features and you end up with a knife that is compromised – add them all into one knife and you have a knife that is a joy to use!
All the knives in the Flint & Flame range are available to purchase from our online shop.