Aubergine Lasagne by Rebecca Aldridge
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- Pine nuts
- 2 aubergines
- Goats cheese (1 hard, 1 soft)
- Grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop the onion and garlic, slowly cook in a saucepan for 5 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer until some of the liquid has evaporated.
- Mix in pesto to taste.
- Heat up the pine nuts in a dry pan until golden.
- Slice the aubergine into 1/2cm thick slices.
- Fry with spray oil in a pan for 2 minutes on each side (until the flesh starts to go soft).
- Cut up the goats cheese into thin slices.
- Layer tomatoes, aubergine, goats cheese and pine nuts into a large lasagne dish. Repeat until full.
- Put in oven for 30-40mins.
- Leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.