Tomato Stew with Cod & Chorizo
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 200 grams of chorizo
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of butterbeans
- 4 cod fillets *
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped parsley.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic puree
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- Dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Serve with crusty bread
* In the video, Simon appears to have 6 cod fillets, but he cut two larger pieces in half to ensure they fitted in the pan.
- Pre-heat a pan and add some olive oil.
- Dice onion finely and add to the pan. Fry until soft.
- Next, add the garlic puree and chorizo. Fry until nice and coloured.
- Remove the chorizo for later, but retain the flavoured oil in the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan, along with the sugar, salt and water.
- Simmer for 7-8 minutes to cook the tomatoes and reduce.
- Now, add your butterbeans to the pan, season the cod fillets and add to the top of the stew.
- Return the chorizo to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for another 7-8 minutes.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chilli flakes and chopped parsley, serve with crusty bread.