Mackerel on Ciabatta Toast
- Whole mackerel
- Ciabatta loaf
- 8 -10 small new potatoes
- Handful of chives
- 2 tblsp capers
- 2 tblsp mini gherkins
- 2-4 tblsp mayonnaise
- 5 spring onions
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- Fillet and pin bone the mackerel, and set aside.
- Boil new potatoes until cooked but still firm, allow to cool.
- Finely chop spring onion, capers and gherkins.
- Slice the potatoes and place in a bowl, add spring onions, capers and gherkins to the potatoes.
- Add the mayonnaise until you reach the desired consistency and mix.
- Halve the ciabatta length ways and drizzle with olive oil.
- Now place the bread face down on a griddle pan until toasted.
- Time to season the mackerel. Pour a little olive oil into a hot frying pan and place the mackerel skin side down in the pan and cook until crispy (around 3-4 mins) then turn once cooking the other side for about a minute.
- Now place the potato mix on the toasted ciabatta and top with mackerel.
- Add a little squeeze of lemon over the top and serve.