Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 10 chicken wings (makes 20 lollipops)
- 2 (teaspoons) cornflour
- 6 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp ginger purée
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 200ml water
- 2 spring onions, well chopped
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Using a boning knife, separate the shoulder from the chicken wing.
- Look for the little bone in the middle of the wing. Scrape the skin back to reveal the bone.
- Hold the bone with kitchen roll and pull it out with a twisting motion.
- Cut around the other bone and scrape the skin back, then pull the meat over to make a lollipop (skin will be on the inside).
- There is only one bone on the other winglet so use steps 2 to 5. Continue until all wings are separated into two lollipops.
- Mix the garlic, ginger and Chinese five spice and rub the lollipops in the marinade until they are completely coated.
- Add 2 spoons of cornflour and use your fingers to coat all the lollipops in the mixture.
- Fry the lollipops in oil, remove and drain. In a separate pan, shallow sauté the shallots, garlic and ginger. Add the sweet chilli sauce and 200ml of water and reduce.
- Add the lollipops back into the pan and sauce mixture then fry gently until golden brown.
- Chop and sprinkle the spring onion and sesame seeds over the top of the chicken and serve with the bones sticking up.