Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 boneless chicken thighs or 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 large mushrooms
- 8 tenderstem broccoli
- 6 baby corn
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflower mixed with water
- 1/2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 tbsp garlic puree
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 eggs
- Spring onions
- Hot sauce
- Chop the chicken and vegetables into small pieces
- Add the rice to a saucepan with 4 cups of water and start cooking.
- Heat some oil in a pan and begin to cook the chicken with the ginger and garlic puree.
- Once the chicken has been sealed, add in the mushrooms and then continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add in the broccoli and baby corn, followed by the soy and oyster sauce.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Sit in the cornflower mix to thicken the sauce.
- Fry the four eggs – one per person.
- Once cooked, place an egg into a bowl, then add some of the chicken and vegetables.
- Finally, top the bowl up with the cooked rice.
- To serve, cover the bowl with a plate, tip both upside down and then remove the bowl.
- Optional: Garnish with spring onion, coriander and your favourite hot sauce.