- Oil for frying
- Small onion chopped
- One dried chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Add some oil to a pan and start to shallow fry the onion.
- Next, add the dried chilli, paprika, garlic and ginger paste.
- Continue frying the onions adding in the brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Follow that with the Worcestershire sauce and Tamarind paste.
- Finally add in the tomato ketchup and apple cider vinegar.
- Simmer on a low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and it’s ready to use on whatever meat you choose.
- Marinade your meat overnight in the fridge and save a little for basting.