Teryaki Chicken by Hugh McGivern
- 125g chicken breast
- 40g medium egg noodles
- 20g carrot
- 20g green pepper
- 1 large spring onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1cm piece of ginger
- 50ml of each – soy sauce, white wine vinegar & rice wine
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil with 1 tsp veg oil (mixed)
- Salt & pepper
- Soak Noodles in a bowl with boiling water for 15 mins.
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Heat griddle, season chicken and season, then grill for 3 mins on each side then place in oven.
- Put the sugar, crushed garlic and ginger along with the chilli in a pan with the 3 liquids, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Cut all the veg into long strips and stir fry in a hot wok with the remainder of the oil, add the noodles.
- Place the noodles and veg in a bowl, top with the chicken breast and drizzle with some of the teriyaki sauce.