Greek Roasted Vegetables with Lamb Steaks
- 570 g waxy potatoes (about 3 medium-size potatoes), peeled and thinly sliced into rounds (about 1/8-inch thick)
- 570 g Courgettes (2 to 3 courgettes), thinly sliced into rounds (about 1/4-inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 35 g chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 400 g canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 Lamb Steaks
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 4 tbsp of runny honey
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Garlic (crushed)
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped fresh thyme and rosemary to garnish
In a shallow, non-metallic dish, combine the orange zest and juice, honey, oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. Add the lamb steaks to the marinade, turn them, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge, ideally overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan assisted).
- Place sliced potatoes and courgettes in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Add fresh parsley, garlic, and a generous drizzle extra virgin olive oil. Toss to make sure the vegetables are well coated with the oil and spices.
- Grab a large round oven safe pan or skillet. Pour in enough of the canned diced tomatoes to cover the bottom of the pan with a good layer.
- Arrange the seasoned potatoes, courgette, and sliced onions in the pan in rows (simply going around the shape of the pan and alternating.)
- If you have any of the extra virgin olive oil and garlic mixture left in the mixing bowl, pour that all over the veggies.
- Cover the pan with foil (tent foil a bit so it is not touching the veggies). Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes. Take pan out briefly to carefully remove foil, then place back in oven, uncovered, and roast for another 30-40 minutes or until the veggies are soft and charred and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature with an added generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Preheat the grill. Take the lamb steaks out of the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Put under a hot grill and cook for seven minutes on each side until the lamb is tender.
- Meanwhile, strain the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon over the lamb steaks and garnish with thyme and rosemary. Serve with the Greek vegetables.