Beetroot Soup with Horseradish Cream by Kevin Kindland
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 large beetroot, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 800ml chicken stock
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- 100ml double cream
- 50g fresh horseradish (prepared weight), peeled and grated
- Warm the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the sliced onion, season well and cook over a low heat until very tender.
- Add the beetroot and the sherry vinegar and sweat for ten to 15 minutes over a medium heat.
- Meanwhile bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- Add the stock to the onions and beetroot and cook slowly until the beetroot is very soft.
- Add extra stock if the soup is too thick for your liking.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blitz until it is smooth and velvety.
- Add the yoghurt to the soup and whisk well.
- Serve chilled or hot with white horseradish cream
- Lightly whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the grated horseradish, then cover and chill in the fridge until needed